William & Mary
Master of Education in Counseling
William & Mary offers a comprehensive online Master of Education (M.Ed) in Counseling with a concentration in Clinical Mental Health. This program’s intended outcome is to train students to become licensed professional counselors. This program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP). Additionally, this program can support interested students for licensure to work as a Licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Practitioner (LSATP).
This program is online and includes a single-semester practicum and two-semester internships. Students must participate in two on-site residencies before their practicum and internship. These residencies take place on-campus and last three days. Students will participate in various experiential learning activities, role-play exercises, and lecture series.
School Name: William & Mary
Program Name: Master of Education in Counseling
Program Length: As few a 3 years
Enrollment Type: N/A
Instruction Methods: Online, synchronous
Phone Number: (757) 903-0072 (ext. 801)
- 60 credit hours
- 3 credits of practicum (100 clock hours in an approved site)
- 6 credits of internship (minimum of 600 clock hours for both concentrations)
- Completed online application with $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- GRE scores
- Personal essay addressing career aspirations, why you’ve chosen William & Mary, past academic, professional, and volunteer experiences, leadership potential, collaborative skills, and propensity to engage in reflective practice.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Personal interview
- Apply by March 4 (priority) or April 10 (final) for Summer 2020 start on May 4.
Last Updated: January 13, 2020