The online Master of Arts in Counseling - Addictions Counseling program at Ottawa University is an accredited prograde by the National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC), the California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators (CAADE), and is an approved education provider by the Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC). This program meets the requirements for Arizona's licensure for Associate Substance Abuse Counseling but applicants should check their state requirements for similar licensure and program reciprocity.
Curriculum in the addiction counseling program at Ottawa integrates counseling theory, research, and practice to prepare students for work in a variety of settings to include private practice, substance abuse clinicas, group practices, and hospital settings.
School Name: Ottawa University
Program Name: Master of Arts in Addiction Counseling
Program Length: N/A
Enrollment Type: N/A
Instruction Methods: N/A
Phone Number: (855) 774-7714
- 39 Credits
- 300 Hours Supervised Practicum
- Online application with $75 fee
- Official transcripts from previous universities with 3.0 GPA minimum for undergraduate coursework
- Personal statement on career goals
- Current resume
- Information regarding any awards or recognition
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two-page essay focused on professional career development highlighting:
- How past experience influenced your decision to pursue high education
- Why you want to be in the counseling profession
Ottawa University’s program information was last updated in April of 2020. For more information, visit the university's website above.