A Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Hodges University prepares students to develop their professional counseling identity with a central awareness on professional ethics, skills sets, and counseling knowledge on working with individuals, families, groups, and the community. The degree program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and prepares students for licensure as a mental health counselor in the state of Florida. Hodges' program for counseling may also meet other state requirements. Applicants should check with their state licensing board for details.
Learn More: Interview with Dr. Amber Pope, Program Chair and Dr. Ali Wolf, Online Coordinator – Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Hodges University
“The CMHC faculty are all licensed in the states in which they reside, and all are currently practicing or providing supervision to counselors working towards licensure, so the faculty are fully involved in the counseling profession both at a practice, professional, and educational level." Read more from Dr. Amber Pope and Dr. Ali Wolf's interview
School Name: Hodges University
Program Name: Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Program Length: Two and a half to three Years
Enrollment Types: Full-Time or Part-Time
Instruction Method: Asynchronous and Synchronous
Phone Number: (800) 466-8017
- 60 coursework credits
- Practicum: 150 Hours
- Internship: 600 Hours
- Four weekend-long residencies
- Official transcripts from an accredited undergraduate program
- Completed application with $50 fee
- Admission Essay:
- Identify and describe what you hope to accomplish by obtaining your Master of Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree.
- Inventory the personal strengths you will bring to the profession. How will each of these strengths help you to do the best job you can?
- Describe two areas of your personality that will be helpful to you in allowing you to be open and honest with yourself about the areas you will need to improve. positive experiences with culturally diverse populations, either professionally or personally, in which you learned new ways of relating to people effectively.
- If by some miracle, you would wake up tomorrow and already have earned your degree, what kind of work would you be doing? What population(s) of people would you work with and in what kind of setting?
- Describe two goals you intend to achieve after graduating from the Master of Clinical Mental Health Counseling program.
- Identify the personal rewards you hope to obtain from your chosen career.
- Online Learning Study Eligibility form
Hodges University’s program information was last updated in April of 2020. For more information, visit the university's website above.